Kramer Roofing History

Established in 1907, Wm. Kramer & Son, Inc. is a fourth generation business that has evolved from a single-person residential roofing and sheet metal technician, to one of Ohio’s leading commercial roofing and architectural sheet metal installers. Currently headquartered in Southwest Ohio, Wm. Kramer & Son, Inc. has been meeting the Tri-State changing roofing needs for over 100 years.

William Kramer began his business in 1907 out of his Price Hill home. While primarily doing local residential work on various slate, tile and tin roofs common to the area, William quickly became a well respected tinner. After a sudden fatal illness in 1941, William’s son, Alfred (Jack) took over the business. The company’s second generation saw a beginning of flat roof and commercial work, as well as moving to a larger location on Glenway Avenue in 1949. Brothers, Robert and Kenneth Kramer, continued to expand the company into the third generation, expanding in 1984 to the current corporate headquarters on Harrison Pike in Cleves. Each subsequent generation has continued to follow the same hard work ethic established by William while preparing the business for the advancement into future years and generations.

Wm. Kramer & Son, Inc. is now an established roofing and sheet metal contractor that has been serving the needs of the Greater Cincinnati area since 1907. It is currently managed by fourth generation cousins Stephen Kramer, Doug Kramer, Kevin Kramer and Bruce Kramer, with fifth generation and other family members contributing to the daily business operations. The company celebrated their 100th anniversary in 2007 by winning the University of Cincinnati Goering Center’s Family Business of the Year Award. Their work now primarily specializes in commercial re-roof and repair work, roof management, maintenance and new construction, as well as expanded architectural sheet metal capabilities with state of the art equipment and quality minded mechanics, servicing Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.